When you’re young, life is simple. You’re full of hope and you see the best in the world. There are no biases or agendas.
We like people who smile, we stay away from those who frown. We eat when we’re hungry, drink when we’re thirsty and we do the things that we find entertaining.
The older that we get , the more we complicate things. We become disheartened by negative external influences. We become bitter, suspicious and apprehensive of people and new situations.
Eventually we stop trying new things, trusting new people, taking risks and learning new things. This prevents us from truly living life.
We can gain back the simplicity of our younger years and it’s not that difficult. Because life doesn’t have to be difficult, it is people that make it complex.
Let’s get back to the basics in life. Stop drowning yourself in things that make you feel numb. Rather its alcohol, work or reckless relationships, they only make life more complicated.
Let’s make life simple again. Its easy! Here’s 30 ways to do that:
- Use your words. Don’t try to read people’s mind. Don’t try to make them read yours. Communicate your feelings and thoughts.
- Exercise and get regular check-ups. Your health is your life.
- Put your high horse in the stable. Talk things out, shrug them off, hug and make-up.
- Don’t waste your energy on jealousy.
- Don’t live outside of your means. Don’t waste money on things you don’t need. Set a budget and stick to it.
- Pay your bills on time.
- Organize your living and work space.
- If you aren’t sure of something, ask questions.
- Wake up 30-minutes earlier. This will give you more time to get ready so that you’re not rushing around trying to be punctual.
- Say “I love you” as often as possible
- Clean up after yourself and clean up ASAP.
- Stay out of other peoples drama. Don’t create your own either.
- Treat everyone with respect.
- If you hate your job or something else that you’re doing, stop doing it.
- Apologize when you should.
- Don’t text and drive. Don’t drink and drive.
- Drink lots of water and less soda.
- Let go of things that you can’t change. Take control of things that you can.
- Celebrate small victories in life.
- Make mistakes, learn from them and carry on.
- Realize you’re probably not as right as you think that you are.
- Set your priorities and act accordingly.
- Life is full of ups and downs and good and bad times. Regardless of where you are now, it will change.
- Spend time with people who are smart, driven and likeminded.
- Don’t worry about what other people think about you.
- Network with people. Meet new people.
- Write things down.
- Finish one project before you start another.
- Use technology to automat daily tasks and reminders.
- Finish one project before you start another project.
Life should be about the simple pleasures. Money can’t buy them, envy won’t motivate you to achieve them and disorganization won’t let you have a rested state of mind. Take action to take less action. Simplify your life 🙂